Daisy Mae

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My Dearest Daisy,.........

My Dearest Daisy,

By now you have settled in to your new home with a wonderful new family.

I watched as Carol took you by the leash and walked you over to the car.
You were wagging your tail and looked back at me. It was not a look of concern but one of trust, knowing that I was not putting you in harms way.

I spent all day yesterday after dropping you off, reflecting on our past glorious 4 days.
You are a very special girl and in just 4 short days, I saw you come out ,even more from your protective shell.

You showed me that you wanted to trust again so I slowly let you. By the end of the 4 days you were a regular family member, roaming the house as you pleased and sleeping on the bed at night with us and the other dogs.

Now you have a new name and a new life my sweet girl. Enjoy it, have fun and always,... remember the good things you have had the past few months, and not the horrible things before Diane and A & B came to your rescue.

Those days are long gone and you showed me you are now ready to trust again. I shall always keep you in my heart and hopefully, many, many, years down the road we will meet again at the Bridge.
I miss you very much and send you love and kisses.
Have a wonderful life.
All My Love,Wendy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home